The FENDER® ’57 Amp is a reissue of the revered Tweed Deluxe, an amp with the classic tone that helped propel Fender tube amps to top of the “most wanted” list of guitarists the world over. Each of these all-tube beauties is handwired and built within a solid maple cabinet with a black “piano lacquer” finish. The ’57 Amp is loaded with a pair of 12AX7 preamp tubes and a matched set of GT6V6 output tubes driving a 12″ Celestion Alnico Blue speaker. The ’57 Amp is a must have for Fender fans!
Fender ’57 Amp at-a-Glance:
- New look, classic tone
- Handwired all-tube design
- Limited run of only 300
New look, classic tone
The ’57 Amp boasts the classic sound of a Tweed Deluxe, but rather than being covered in the skin commonly associated with a tweed amp, the ’57 LTD Amp is shrouded in a black “piano lacquered” dovetail joint maple cabinet. The original Tweed Deluxe amp of the 1950s is well known as being one of the finest tone machines ever devised. With the ’57 Amp, Fender upped the ante by popping in a 12″ Celestion Alnico Blue speaker with all-new knobs, handle, and other hardware. The vibe is very familiar, yet very new and exciting at the same time.
Handwired all-tube design
Electronically, the ’57 Amp is equipped with handwired all tube circuitry on an eyelet board with a late 1950s 5E3 circuit pumping out about 12 watts of true Fender tube tone. The tube complement consists of a pair of 12AX7s at the preamp stage with a matched pair of Groove Tubes GT6V6 output tubes. Tube tweakers and vintage enthusiasts can swap one of the 12AX7s for a 12AY7 to capture the lower-gain tone of the original Tweed Deluxe from the ’50s. Fender also thoughtfully incorporated a 5Y3 rectifier tube, which contributes to natural tube compression and “sag” when the amp is pushed harder.
Limited run of only 300
Being a reissue of a classic Fender tube amp from the ’50s , the ’57 Amp was already certain to have an almost immediate cult following, but the fact that Fender is only building 300 of these beauties ensures that the ’57 Amp will be a hot commodity. Order yours today to make sure you get one of these tone machines!
Fender ’57 Amp Features:
- Hand-wired all-tube circuitry on eyelet board.
- Late 1950s 5E3 circuit produces about 12 watts.
- Matched pair of Groove Tubes GT6V6 output tubes.
- 5Y3 rectifier tube contributes to compression and “sag” when amp is played hard.
- Two 12AX7 preamp tubes, one of which may be substituted with a 12AY7 for the original ’50s lower-gain sound, if desired.
- Mic and instrument channels; each channel has individual volume controls and high and low inputs.
- 12″ Celestion Alnico Blue speaker.
- Dovetail-joined solid maple cabinet.
- Black “Piano Lacquer” finish.
- Holographic diamond-cut “57” badge on front of amp; “One of only 300” badge on rear panel.